Monday, June 29, 2015

New couch

Oh hey look it's Monday. Again. It's really weird some Monday's come super quick others take ages to get here. This one was somewhere in between. It's been quite the week. Moving furniture. Find less
actives. Getting a lot of new investigators. Driving around a lot. Typical missionary experiences. Oh getting rained on. That happens on a daily.

So Monday was our district Pday and I made a homemade chocolate mousse cake. It turned out alright. Everyone said it was good but I thought it was ok. The sisters and ourselves met a guy at the post office while we were waiting to lead them to the westerns and he drove around in a Jesus PT cruiser and gave us all free Jesus shirts. That was
awesome. We played volleyball in like 100 degree weather with humidity and no breeze and we also had a member there who is actually an Olympic certified volleyball instructor so I learned so cool tricks. Then me and elder Paey went and played pool and I beat him. Then later that night we totally rearranged our office and now it's super sweet.

Tuesday was pretty standard. Missionary work happened. We managed to find and talk to a former who still is reading the Book of Mormon. And he also showed up to Book of Mormon class which was pretty awesome. Now we just need to get em in the font.

Wednesday we had the usual district meeting and that was good. The westerns drove us to that and then they feed us Steak 'n Shake afterwards which was a free meal and I was happy about that. Then tried to buy half price donuts at dunkin but failed because they had like no donuts left. That's what I like about the east. Dunkin donuts. And firehouse subs. Both delicious and everywhere down here.

Thursday we got ourselves a new couch from brother jozitis old house which was cool and then we got his old scale and all of his food. So now we got two couches and the new one reclines and makes me happy. I've already fallen asleep in it before.

Friday we planned and ate at the Chinese/ Japanese buffet and as usually I got sick from it. I still don't understand why all these old people eat at this place. It's ok but you can't tell that some of it is not very high quality. Yet these old geezers are attracted to it. Must be the savings.

Saturday we talked to soooooo many people. Majority of which were less actives but a few were part member families so that worked out pretty well. I also got a surprise picture and a surprise package. Both of which I was not expecting but I greatly enjoyed both of them so thank you for that!

Sunday was cool. I met the worlds best spoons played. He was on the jay Leno show a few years back and he now lives in the ward.  I was asked to bless the sacrament because there wasn't really anyone else to do it. And doing it as a priest I did t really realize the immense meaning behind the sacrament and doing it every week I just kinda took it for granted. But this time after not doing it for a ward in well over a year it finally hit me. Here I am a disciple of Jesus Christ wearing his name on my chest, doing his work, and keeping his commandments, breaking bread. Something he did personally for his
apostles over two thousand years ago. It was cool because for a moment in my head I saw it. I saw the bread and table of the last super and I saw the bread being broken. And then I was back. At that moment I received one of the single most powerful witnesses of Christ in my life. I felt his love and the happiness that he feels for me. You forget those things over time. But it's always amazing to be reminded of it time and time again.

Love you, Elder Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment