Monday, October 19, 2015

Strokes for cookies

Oh it's been another week in the land of Florida. The weather is
cooling off and there is more of a breeze. Perfect for biking. Not
going to lie I'm actually enjoying biking. It's something to do and
just helps make my day a lot stressful also makes members take pity on
us so that's always nice. But anyways it was a good past week.

So Monday we drove like 15 miles to go to another chapel to hang out
with a bunch of other elders so that was pretty darn fun. I enjoyed
that mainly because I hung out with elder izatt. Then we drove back
home and cooked ourselves some dinner and went and taught. And then we
did an exchange and I actually had elder Peay with me for a day and it
was just like getting the band back together and that was pretty nice.

Tuesday we were together and we went and found ourselves a Jimmie
johns! I haven't had Jimmie johns in almost a year! It was so so so
good. I then checked their delivery boundaries and unfortunately they
wouldn't deliver out to our house. Talk about heartbreak it was really
sad because I haven't been able to find a good cheap sandwich place
around here. But nonetheless I persevered. Later than night me and
elder Peay ended up having a lesson on top of a parking garage for no
really apparent reason. We kind did it just because hey we could so we
did it. That was just kind of a fun experience.

Wednesday we had district meeting and afterwards all of the elders
squeezed into our car and drove on over to subway and the most
glorious thing happened. They brought back the raspberry cheesecake
cookies oh man I about had a stroke. I was so happy. Like I jumped
onto the counter and sang and did a little jig. Well not really but I
was really excited and weirded the cashier out. The rest of the day
was kinda boring. I was really really tired and just not feeling
myself so I just kinda collapsed into my bed thinking I would take a
30 min cat nap. 3 hours later I woke up. 3 HOURS!!!! IT WAS GLORIOUS
BUT 3 HOURS!! I repented of my wrongdoings very quickly after that.
And went and taught.

Thursday was a pretty standard day we went and tried to meet with a
couple who fell off the wagon towards baptism and guess what. WE
CAUGHT EM! AND NOW THEY ARE BACK ON THE WAGON!! That's one of those
little successes that make you very happy.

Friday we did some weekly planning and ate Panda Express with the
other elders. Friday's usually just aren't all that exciting.

Saturday was pretty good. We went to bass pro shops to see live
alligators that they have there and they were pretty big and were
rather lively. Well as lively as an alligator can get. We then
discussed how the cabellas at thanksgiving point in Utah totally kicks
the trash out of bass pro. Like hard core. Well they did have fish but
they didn't have a fish tunnel. Like cmon. Big fish tank vs. fish
tunnel. Clearly fish tunnel is better. But what can ya do.

Sunday was wild. So after sacrament a sister who is a hard core
feminist (as in women's rights, wearing pants to church, ordain women
hardcore) and also moderately crazy marches up to this less active and
demands money from her about a car over and over and is basically
shouting at her in the chapel. So naturally in off to the side to make
sure nothing breaks out. So then the bishop walks up and she like just
tells the bishop to stuff it and gets the last pay me my money and
storms off. Seriously. Right after sacrament meeting. There is a time
and a place and it's never at church just like cmon. Gah members be
crazy later that night I tried some yuka and so flan at a members
house and both are pretty darn good.

So crazy week lets see what this next one brings

Elder Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment