Tuesday, August 4, 2015

No pictures!

Oh let me regale you with great tales of my past weeks adventure. I
mean it's all pretty much the same to me but to everyone else it's a
different tale so we shall continue onwards with story time now.

Monday was the pday just like how every Monday is. So I lent my bike
out. Now before you get mad here's my story. So elder Hondas bike was
sadly destroyed on the way to transfers because a missionary didn't
get on the bike rack good enough. And this certain brand of bike rack
is terrible. So a semi destroyed his bike poor guy. So we drove him
and his comp to get a new bike after a few days and he got a new bike.
I noticed on his destroyed bike days later that it had the fantastic
CTR Bikes sticker on it and I asked him if he had the replacement
option. He said he was gonna check and days later he gleefully says
he's getting a replacement bike from CTR. That's right I remember the
small details. So this brings us back to Monday. He asks if he can
borrow a bike because he needs to turn in the one he bought and the
mission won't let them borrow a car or spend the 120 miles to go pick
it up. So me being a kind soul lent him my bike. Here's my reasoning
why. He offered if my bike was wrecked or damaged he would pay for
repairs or pay the 75 for a new bike. He would also re buy all the
accessories I have on there and pay for the assembly of my bike. Up
score for me is I get my bike burned in and I earn a favor with a
missionary. So it was a win situation if I did it so I took it. Now I
am picky with loaning. No members. No gators. Very few missionaries.
So there that's the story of the bike.

Later we went with Nickerson and tried to buy a Honda. No luck. So the
only logical thing to do next is go to the Porsche dealership. So
went. Tried and failed. So we settle and bought a kitchen table
instead. For dinner we ate at the Beasleys. They fortunately live on
the Air Force base which borders the ocean. So guess who got to tour
the military base. Me. I did. Nice base. Golf course, movie theater,
library, marina, campground, auto shop really everything. So we have a
few rules. One of which was ask before we take a picture. So we drive
past the airfield and see 5 C-130's and 3 Apache's. Naturally we want
to take a picture so we ask. Our answer. No. That blew everything I
was hoping for. That moment he said no we both silently and sadly put
our cameras away. So after the base tour I did the thing that every
missionaries hopes he can do. I visited the beach. That's right I saw
the ocean. And touched actual beach sand. It was cool.

So Tuesday we were supposed to have interviews with president berry
but we had a doctors appointment in Orlando so we kinda missed that.
And since president doesn't give a crap about penfold that much and he
knows I'm a responsible missionary we may or may not have passed
through.

Wednesday I ate with some Columbians. I really like the Columbian
people. There super friendly and super funny. After that we went to a
part members house and he showed us all of his guns. I fell in love
with his kimber 1911. Don't really like the smith and Wesson shield
too much. He had a really beautiful AR-15. All in all the man is
really good at building guns.

Thursday and Friday nothing really happened.

Saturday we helped this nonmember family move and I have decided no
heavy wood, iron, or glass in my home. Such a pain. Also the wife was
reaaaaally bossy about it too.

Sunday I went to church imagine that. Made some cookies. And ate on base.

So that's my story. Today I'm going to the church ranch and I'll make
sure to take some cool pictures if there are any. Love y'all.

Elder Huey.

No comments:

Post a Comment