Monday, July 13, 2015

Big News!

Judging by the title there's big news. Big news is that I realized
that I have under a year and a half left. Jk that's not big news. The
big news is that I am being transferred. That's right. This old horse
has spent enough time in the leesburg and now it's time to leave. I'm
scared but it's understandable after spending more than a quarter of
my mission in one single area. I'm optimistic of my future in my new
area. I have a list of things that need to be done and the lord has
things that need to be done by me and my new companion and I will
gladly do them.

So Monday we were party crashers and crashed a district pday of a nearby
district. Well we didn't crash it. We were invited by majority of the
district because we are so much darn fun. And also well because it was
taking place within our area. It was good. Played some volleyball
which I have come to love and also gotten a lot better at then when I
had started playing it everyday. The one problem with playing
volleyball in the summer in Florida is the horrific heat and humidity
and little air flow. The wind really only blows right before a storm
comes through which is at least once a day. Monday we also ate dinner
with a less active member family and I don't get why people get so
hung up on the fact that someone offended them. I understand the
social aspect of church but clearly that isn't something that you
should be focusing on while your in church on a Sunday. I flat out
laid down why they need to be back and church and it's amazing when
the lord gives you something to say how much power can come out with
it.

Tuesday I stayed up late to make cheesecakes and I am proud of them.
Here's one of em.That is the double layer, chocolate chip brown sugar pumpkin cheesecake. I messed with the recipe last minute and it turned out to be a really really good idea because it made the cheesecake a lot better. I also made my usual orange dreamscicle cheesecake and that has now been dubbed the conversion cheese cake. More on that story later. The final one i made completely from scratch. Crust and all. It was a normal New York cheese cake and then i topped it with multiple berries and it turned out really good as well. Baking has turned into more of a sources of enjoyment and also a slight obsession. My tools now consist of a mixer, a sick apron, a cake pan, a spring form cake pan, and a cake holder. I might have to start a bakery for my career. 

Wednesday everyone ate my delicious cheese cake and enjoyed themselves. I have formed a tradition with cheesecake. The cheesecake usually comes out for either of these two occasions. Its president interviews or the last district meeting of the transfer and it was the last district meeting of the transfer so walah! Wednesday was pretty low key nothing really amazing happened. I took a stellar nap on the way back from District Meeting and it made me oh so very happy. There's just something about sneaking in a good nap from time to time that provides me great joy.

Thursday was a normal Thursday.

Friday was also normal.

Saturday we ate so good ole barbecue with the bransons (clints sister) and just had a good ole time. After lunch we started doing the good ole missionary things and all of the sudden on the car screen it says " Incoming Call: President Berry". Thats the call that you get on Saturdays before transfer if your moving up or your training. So the phone call goes on and we find out the Elder Peay is training and thus it means i'm OUT! I greatly enjoyed that call because afterwards i was screaming at the top of my lungs in the car out of joy and happiness. granted i am going to miss the people in ole Leesburg but man i need a change of surroundings. So we did the usual Saturday thing and i began the goodbye train. Which of course is kind of depressing.

Sunday me and elder peay did the sunday thing and everyone was rather sad that i was actually heading out and then they were shocked that i had been here for so long. And then the whole joke of "we were going to move your records here!" started coming up. After church we had a baptism of two young kids and peay baptized and i confirmed them. I was on a spiritual high and it was a really good confirmation and there were a lot of promises in there that were prompted by the spirit. After all was said and done and we were taking it all down the first counselor attacks and critiqued the confirmation. He said that i was wrong for saying what i said in the blessing. Well excuse me sir for following the promptings of the spirit. Thats one thing that has really made me realize the whole statement about the church is perfect the people arent. Its so frustrating with some of these ward members that you deal with as a missionary and they try to tell you how you should do your work when they have no authority on the matter. They don't hold those keys. gah! Ok rant over. So i said my goodbyes to my converts and all that jazz and to the people that i have reactivated and they all said pretty much the same thing but it really makes your realize that you are doing something right with the area you're in. it really helps you to keep on trucking through the gospel.

So you wont find out about what area i'm in until next week. Tell ya then! BYE!

Elder Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment