Tuesday, February 17, 2015

German food and the ghetto

What a week what a week. All the days blurred into like a few so I guess that's good. You know missions are awesome for teaching but man you sure get a heck of a lot of stories out of em. This week was prolly the week of stories for me because it's just been. Well weird to say it in simple terms. Weird but hecka awesome. Never gets old in Leesburg. Never gets old.

Glorious Monday. So I went to a massive flee market with some members and it was just cool. I bought a cheap 2 dollar knife which is now my letter opener. I ate authentic German food (no joke. Schnitzel is the
bomb.)  Ate some cumquat ice cream (yes you can make ice cream out of it. And it tastes like a orange cream Popsicle. ) Got saved. Now I want to elaborate on this because this was probably the most interesting part of the day. So we are walking around and we pass a booth. Now mr born again bob sees pututau's badge. He actually reads mine. He then starts his rehearsed lines and eventually the member with us told me time to move on so I shake his hand except for one thing. The man wouldn't let go of my hand. He held onto my hand so he could keep talking so what did elder Hanson do? Elder Hanson squeezed harder until he let go. Once he let go I bolted. He was shouting at me as I walked away. Crazy people. After the flea market I went and saw the members cousin for one purpose. His wife. Was Amish. I met a flippen Amish lady people. How legit is that?!?! She is actually a modern Amish so she enjoys simple technology but still dresses plainly and tries to keep it simple. It was just all around a baller P-day.

Tuesday. So Tuesday was a normal teaching day until one part. She confesses to us that she has been to prison. This is a violation of question 4 of the baptismal interview questions. When this happens we can not guarantee that they will be baptized or that their date can happen. We also have to send it to the mission presidency for an interview and approval. So we have juggled that situation this past week.

Ghetto Wednesday!! So Wednesday I spent more time in the ghetto than I actually should have. The ghetto of Leesburg is actually pretty large.
Like scary large. Like half of Leesburg. Like half of my area. But that's besides the point. Never experienced a deep ghetto. Until Wednesday. We went into the heart. We went were police don't go. We went where you don't make eye contact. We went were people stare you down. We went where people strip houses. FREAKING STRIP HOUSES FOR PIPES AND WIRES! We went were people are animals. We went were people shoot people in broad day light. It's bad. Buuuuuuut I love it.

Thursday. So we made homemade pizzas at the bishops house and then the sisters "unexpectedly" showed up. Yea. Sure. But it was ok because we all ate homemade pizzas and peed our pants and I got it so the pututau giggled like a little girl.

Friday. Taught. Planned. Nothing exciting ever happens on Fridays.

Saturday! So it was Valentine's Day and we got nothing done. Try teaching on a Saturday. It's tough. Add a holiday into it. Even more difficult. We celebrated our Valentine's Day by having one lunch appointment and 2 dinner appointments. Lunch was meatball subs at the berrys (not president) which was pretty good. Dinner was supposed to be at the aldriches where we always eat super good but they forgot it was valentines and felt super bad about skipping out on us so they bought us both our own 2 liter of soda and our own medium pizza.
Baller! And then we're eating pizza and we get a phone call from other younger members that there eating pizza and want us over so ok. It was legit cuz after we played the game of logos. Super fun.

Sunday. Combined with the sisters we had 6 gators at church which is a huge gator number. They all enjoyed it too! Then we passed some sacrament after church and I blessed tortilla chips. Yes. life long goal to bless the sacrament with something rather than bread a realized today.  Then we at lunch and passed more sacrament. And ate really good at mama chiodos and she gave us laundry detergent and toilet paper. By the way pray for her. She goes into surgery on Tuesday for her back. She is having a 10 hour surgery to rebuild 8 vertebra in her back. So pray for mama.

That's about it. Super tired as usual. Must be doing something right. Love ya!

Elder Hanson (p.s. I finally got my nickname. Elder handsome. Yes that's really my nickname.)

No comments:

Post a Comment