Monday, January 5, 2015

Florida it changes a man

So hello again it's been a busy busy week. We have a lot of teaching appointment with a lot of people. Most of them are less actives but that is just fine. We also found out that when ever we have multiple appointments cancel...we get a new gator. It's a weird thing to realize and have happen but it keeps happening so we are not complaining about it one bit.

So this week we did a lot of the usual stuff like service for crazy Diana sparklin, did laundry, ate food and stuff like that. But New Years was a cool New Years. So we ended up having a baptismal interview on that night with elder Langston (super cool DL) and his companion elder Willard (we like to shout his name in an annoying tone. WILLARD!) and me and elder pututau were being annoying and releasing confetti poppers off in their car. Langston thought it was funny. Willard (WILLARD!) on the other hand did not but he got over it. So since it was a baptism interview pututau, Willard(WILLARD!), and Hanson (that's me) we stood outside and played a few hands of uno on top of a trash can and watching New Years fireworks. And then they drove me and pututau home and we found things to do.

So on the 2nd me and pututau had the wonderful opportunity to make a 2 hour trek to orlando just so that I could get more rules and my iPad. Turns out teaching with an iPad way easier but way more dangerous especially in my area. MOM SKIP THIS NEXT PART!!!!!

So my area is as I found out the most dangerous area in the zone and here's why. One it's got a lot more slummy areas. Two there's a lot of drug busts. Three a lot of weapons float around out here. Four there's sand roads we are told not to go down on bikes. Five there's sand roads we aren't allowed to go down even in a car. Six there's a lot of reasons why I carry a knife on me now. Seven I'm a target now that I have an iPad. Now here's why you shouldn't worry. I am a 6' 3" 275 white guy who carries a knife on him wherever he goes. My companion is 6' 4" 260 Tongan who is going to play for the Utes. We have no reason to be afraid. Also I'm not in pine hills (crime hills).

So on Friday me and pututau were going to go get food when he made a sudden turn to Lynn's house ( she is the marshal islands lady). So she wasn't expecting us and we weren't expecting to go over there. But it was a good thing that we did because she was really confused about the wedding stuff and had no idea how they were gunna get it all done. We also while being there we got 2 referrals of some of her friends that live in the house with her. They've seen the change that has come thru her and also they want to be married to their man friends so that's fetching awesome.

So we have a family In our Ward and they just had a new baby and she got blessed. Little Lilly Anna Husley. This is great for two reasons. One this cute little girl got blessed. Two it made the husband get up and bear his testimony. So here's some background. Sister Husley is a recent convert so that's awesome but she just had a baby so she hasn't been able to make it church. Brother Husley he has been a lifelong member but fell away when he joined the military. Sadly now he has a few WOW problems but he want to baptize his step kids so we've told him to become a worthy priest holder and he's trying but he needs to try harder. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

So mother you will be happy to know a few things. I do my laundry and I fold it on a regular basis and nothing has changed colors. I actually cleaned the kitchen. Meaning I wiped it down,swept,mopped. All of my free will (also because if I don't do it. It won't get done). Also I bought a Florida flag and it now hangs on my side of the office and it is awesome!!!


So now we are at Monday. So early this morning we get a text message from Lynn that they don't have the money to get a marriage license (93.50 in the state of Florida) so we've been juggling that this morning and also since we are doing so good we got a specific goals from the zone leaders to teach 20 lessons this week. This is not a huge goal because me and pututau average 16-18 a week so it ain't gunna be anything difficult. Also since I tell people I'm from Idaho I am considered a cowboy who herds cattle all day. Grossly inaccurate I know. But hey all that mountain living makes it so that I can run really far out here without being winded.

So I'm excited for whatever else to come this week. I know there's gunna be challenges but that's ok because I know with challenges come blessings. Tater boy out!

P.S I got a haircut and I look way different 


Florida it changes a man - Elder Hanson


Elder Hanson

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment