Monday, September 7, 2015

Ankles and arms

So you know how I was talking about last week being a crazy week. Well this week got even crazier. Here's the basic gist of it. I got a bad sprain, I was on crutches, I had an amazing miracle, and... I am no longer serving in viera I got moved. Now to cover all of that. 

So Monday was pretty gosh darn fun. We played gator ball which is soccer mixed with rugby and it is incredibly fun. The goal is to kick or throw the ball at a chair and it is a workout. Then I emailed and did some shopping and it was great. After all of that we went to a families HFE and that was pretty cool. I ate delicious tres leche. 

Tuesday we had ourselves an exchange day. Elder gooch, whom I have know since the beginning of my mission, came down to me and elder Bagshaw. It was an ok exchange. That was the day I actually rolled my ankle. So we were walking back from a house we just visited and the sidewalk was kinda off and so I rolled it. It swelled up soooooo bad. It was the size of an egg in 30 min. And then Bagshaw made me tract all day long. By the end I could barely walk. It sucked. 

So Wednesday I have penfold back with us and I was talking with momma Schaefer to get some crutches and then I was thinking I should prolly call the mission office to get this taken care of and boom they told me to get an X-ray which I was honestly surprised. So that's going to be coming up on the insurance :). But I got my X-ray and the doc walked in said it was a sprain and tried to walk out. I said whoa whoa whoa man come back. I'm paying for you and your going to actually talk to me. He was a little huffy after that but oh well. So I had crutches and a brace to wear. And the we had BOM class and everyone was asking what happened. It was fun. 

Thursday was pretty uneventful during the day. We had district meeting and then we all went to eat at taco bell as a district. Pretty good all around. I burned some dried palms for service and man if you think dried dried stuff back home burns really good you have never burned dried palms. You light one end and all of the sudden you got a big fire going. That's a hot fire on a hot day. And then later that night we had a miracle. So we had a referral for a blessing and we went to said referral and met the family a mom, a dad, and a 13 year old daughter. So we gave all three said blessings and the spirit was really strong in short we challenged them all to be baptized, come to church, and take the lessons. They said yes to all three! Wahooooooo! That was a spiritual awesomeness. 

Friday I got up and got ready thinking it was going to be a normal day. At 8 I got phone call from president. Here's how said call went: hi president. "Elder Hanson! How are you and the companionship going?" Great! We just had an amazing miracle! " working hard?" Yes sir! " good good. Well elder Hanson I'm going to need to move you to Palm Bay. Elder ostler broke his hand and elder Vaughn doesn't have a license. I need you to be the designated driver." Oh uhm. Ok. "Elder Hanson I'm going to need you to leave today." Oh can I leave on Sunday so I can take care of a few things? "Elder I don't feel safe with elder ostler driving." Ok I'll go. Bam. I left 2 hours later. That was crazy. Pretty much after all of that we planned because I was new. And also had a really sweet lesson about temples. I have never had a stronger testimony until this past month. 

Saturday was a normal missionary day. 

Sunday I completely met a brand new ward and that was a little tough but I'll get over it. 

I know you'll all ask so. I am now in the Palm Bay 1st ward. It's a ward where only good missionaries get sent. So I'm flattered. I now have a son. I'm actually elder ostlers mom. Sooo. 
Elder Vaughn is 20. Convert of 5 years. Nice guy and he smart. I like him a lot. He's from Texas. And he's been out for 19 months. 
Elder ostler is 18. Shy but sweet guy. I like him. He's from Provo. And he's been out for 1 and 1/2 months. 

So yea super exciting. See yall in 15 months. 

This is that family.

No comments:

Post a Comment